Five Foolproof Steps for Making Friends After 50

UPDATE:  Though I wrote this post 4 years go, wonderful people keep commenting and reaching out for ideas about how to form new friendships in midlife and beyond.  Though the post is old, the issues are timeless.  And as you can see from a follow up post, I’ve learned from my readers that there is really no foolproof way to find friends at any stage of life.  That said, the ideas in this post work for many of us.  But the most helpful aspect of the post comes from everyone who has left comments.  So please keep telling your stories, sharing your ideas, and reaching out for support.  Also don’t forget that I offer a free 30 minute coaching session to my followers (sign up on home page) if you need encouragement and a few new ideas.  The original post:

I just moved to Colorado a few months ago. I was excited about the change, but worried about how I would adjust, since I didn’t know anyone here (apart from my daughter, son-in-law, and baby granddaughter.) The last time I moved, from Boston to Florida, I didn’t make much of an effort to form new connections. Instead, I maxed out my cell phone plan calling up my old Boston friends. I spent too much quality time with Ben & Jerry’s. I was lonely, but I didn’t want to admit it, and figured that my town just wasn’t a good place to meet people my age. Then I was introduced to a friend of a friend who had moved to my town in Florida only three months earlier. She is a widow in her mid 60s with some health problems. But she is vibrant and happy. And she rapidly made a bunch of new friends who keep her very busy. I felt a little embarrassed that she had pulled off something in a few months that I hadn’t managed in well over a year. I realized that I had fallen for a self-fulfilling prophecy: That you can’t make friends over 50 because everybody in that age group already has enough friends. But I’m learning that’s just a myth. There are lots of people out there who need or want friends: Their lives may have been jolted by geographic moves, divorce, or loss of a spouse or partner. Some people simply wake up and realize that some of the friends they have no longer offer the support that makes their friendships worthwhile. I know someone who has been going out to dinner with a friend once a week for the last 20 years. They have absolutely nothing in common except for their weekly dinner ritual.

So when I arrived in Colorado, I made a resolution to actively seek out friendships. Here are the steps I used to keep me out of solitary confinement:

1. Admit that you are lonely

Self-awareness is the first step. Last year, I got so used to a limited social life and a lack of local confidantes, that I stopped noticing how lonely I was. A trip back to New England—where old friends seemed very interested in spending time with me—reminded me of what I was missing. So pay attention to the signs of social disconnection: Are telemarketers the only people who call you in the evenings? Is watching Grey’s Anatomy or Project Runway the highlight of your week? Have you stopped cooking meals because it’s so much trouble for “only one?” Do you find excuses to strike up conversations with strangers in supermarket checkout lines? Whatever your loneliness red flags, recognize that loneliness is not a character flaw—it’s simply God’s way of telling you to GET A LIFE!

2. Decide what kind of friend you want to be

The most important ingredient you bring to a relationship is yourself. What kind of energy and commitment are you willing to put out there in your search for connections? Make a decision that you will show up in the world as someone who is worth having as a friend. That way your energy, honesty, and caring personality will draw people to you when you meet.

3. Reflect on the qualities you are looking for in a friend

Even though you don’t have enough (any?) friends right now, this is no time to lower your standards. In fact, the more conscious you are about what kind of friends you want to have, the more likely you’ll find people who meet your needs. Are you looking for someone who:
Enjoys some of the same activities you do?
Shares your political or religious beliefs?
Has something in common that you can both talk about?
Doesn’t complain excessively about physical symptoms or family problems?
Has a similar standard of living?
Likes to listen as much as she talks?

Once you have identified your criteria, keep them on your radar as you implement step 4.

4. Become a joiner

This is a tough one, because so many of us are shy about joining groups. My Florida friend adopted the strategy of saying yes to any invitation she received to get involved. She joined a scrabble club, a singing group, and a meditation group, all at the invitation of her new neighbors. She is already so wired into the local community, you’d never know she’s only been living here for only a few months. On the other hand, I have a friend who recently retired, who has thought about joining some environmental organizations, but who resists, saying “I don’t do groups.” Accept your discomfort about groups and join some anyway. It’s really the only efficient way to meet kindred spirits. View it as a necessary evil. And choose only those groups devoted to activities or causes that you are passionate about. Focus on how you can contribute to a worthy cause, and you’ll lose your self-consciousness about being the new kid on the block.

5. Invite people to dinner

Many of us are intimidated by the prospect of having people to our homes, especially people we don’t know all that well. So challenge yourself to dust off that old recipe book, and host a dinner party for a few people you hardly know. It will give you a night off from eating Lean Cuisine, and there is nothing like home-cooked food to help people feel welcome and connected. By inviting a small number of new acquaintances, you won’t have to worry about keeping the conversation going all by yourself—your other guests can help you. If the thought of food preparation makes you want to jump off a bridge, plan a pot luck dinner, or even a group dinner at a modestly priced restaurant. The important thing is to break out of your social shell and take those first steps to forming new friendships.
Thanks to www.meetup.com, a great online resource for connecting with people based on common interests, I am actually enjoying the process of meeting new people. I joined a local writing group and an alternative healing group. I really clicked with Annie, another member of my writing group. So now I’m fortunate to have my first Colorado buddy, who coincidentally lives right in my neighborhood. Gotta stop blogging so I can meet Annie for breakfast.
Meanwhile I hope you’ll use the comments section to share your experiences and ideas about making new friends—at any age!

240 Responses to “Five Foolproof Steps for Making Friends After 50”

1. Beth 27. Mar, 2016 at 8:27 pm #

I live in Michigan. I’m experiencing the same problem with women already having all the friends they need. I don’t know if where I live is a factor. If possible, it would be great to connect with others through this site.

2. Kathy 28. Mar, 2016 at 8:17 am #

Hi Leslie–yes you would think that somewhere in NYC there would be some kindred spirits for us 50+ers. As you’ve probably seen, I’m a fan of getting involved in group activities that are personally meaningful. That way, even if we don’t meet people who become friends, we are doing something that makes us happy or feel we are contributing in some way. I have found that service-oriented activities, e.g. volunteering at a food bank, or working on some environmental cause, seem to be better sources of potential friendships than groups such as book clubs or socially-oriented meetups. People who dedicate some time to a cause then have something meaningful in common, and also tend to be “givers” rather than “takers” which tends to make them better friends. Best wishes. Please let me know how you are doing.

3. Kathy 28. Mar, 2016 at 8:40 am #

Hi Beth–yes it would be great if this site could help people connect. I’ve seen a few people who lived relatively close by reach out to each other about meeting. But it would be a long shot to find even one person to connect with via this site, since there are not that many people in total who’ve responded. I have reached out by email a few times to see if people would be interested in getting together by conference call or Skype, but haven’t gotten much interest. So I hope you will find some group activities that are satisfying to you whether or not you make friends as a result. Good luck!

4. Julie 09. Apr, 2016 at 12:13 am #

Hi again, I posted a couple of months ago … I’m in the UK. Is there anyone else in here from the South West of England who would like to connect?
    It’s so sad to read all these stories but strangely comforting to know I’m not alone in this predicament. I’ve just turned 50 and in the process of building up courage to join a class, and have felt so low lately my two teenage children are noticing so I’m thinking of talking to my doctor about medication, which I really don’t want to do but can’t bear the thought of my son and daughter worrying about me.
    Please get in touch, we can create our own ‘meet up’ if there are any takers. Would love to hear from people in a similar position.
    J

5. Catherine 09. Apr, 2016 at 12:01 pm #

Dear Julie,
    Unfortunately I don’t live in the U.K. at all, I’m near Dallas, Texas in the U.S. But, I’m 51, with a 10 year old daughter. If you would like a pen pal/internet friend, drop me a line! Maybe we can encourage each other to get out there! 😃
    Cat
    csquared@att.net

6. Kathy 09. Apr, 2016 at 1:07 pm #

Catherine, how lovely of you to reach out to Julie. I hope she takes you up on your offer. Ten years ago, my daughter who was newly a military spouse, reached out to military spouse groups online. It was life-changing for her. Over the years, online friends have turned into IRL (in real life) friends, and she gets together with quite a few of them in person several times a year. We can learn from the millenial generation about how to develop relationships at a distance. It’s made such a difference in my daughter’s quality of life. So it’s not just 50+ers who need help forming meaningful relationships. But as boomers we need to be open to new ways of connecting, and you Catherine, are to be commended for using online resources to find potential friends. Best-k

7. Kathy 09. Apr, 2016 at 1:08 pm #

Hi Julie–wanted to point out Catherine’s post in which she suggested connecting online with you, though she is in the UK. Some of my best friends are thousands of miles away. Good luck! k

8. Julie 09. Apr, 2016 at 5:24 pm #

Thanks Catherine, thank you I’ll mail you – will be lovely to have a pen pal! x

9. Julie 10. Apr, 2016 at 2:43 pm #

Hi Catherine, I tried sending an email to the address you gave but it won’t send? Is the address correct?
    J

10. Linda 11. Apr, 2016 at 6:03 am #

I can relate to all of the posts. Wouldn’t it be nice if there was a site where people could find people to do things with, and in the process, possibly develop friendships? Or is there such a thing already? Like a dating site, but just for friendship.

I’m in PA if anyone is close by 😉

11. Kathy 17. Apr, 2016 at 4:11 pm #

Hi Dr. Jordan—I’m in this boat, 60 years old and my husband and I relocated to a new town. We are joining things, but a couple that we met a few months ago mentioned they didn’t know many people here, now she has 2 new ‘best’ friends. I’ll try inviting people to dinner, but for some reason, I can’t seem to connect well—it seems everyone who moved here after me seems to be making friends! My husband and I get along well, travel a lot, and are pretty self-entertaining, but we don’t feel ‘connected.’ I’m pretty perky and engaging (IMO) yet we both seem more shy than I would like. Any other ideas other than joining, joining, joining?? Are people with old friendships willing to make newer ones?

12. Terri Gates 20. Apr, 2016 at 1:18 pm #

I found this site today (also by Googling how to make friends after 50). Unfortunately, I asked the same question at 17 and in my 20’s,30’s and 40’s. The last 14 years I have lived in a 55+ condo community in Florida. For 10 years I cared for my grandmother till she passed. The people I knew here were her friends and they passed before her. I have tried to form friendships with some ladies who live alone but they don’t show any interest in leaving their condos and they are quite a bit older. I don’t drive and my income is very limited. I keep the TV on all day just to hear people talking. I find myself keeping strangers on the phone as long as possible. Sometimes I will walk to the store for a pack of gum because the clerk at the counter has seen me for years and will ask how I am. The only time I find myself around others is when I have an appointment at the VA hospital. I have been at the point of attempting suicide in the past and almost succeeded a year ago. This time I felt I would try to reach out to someone else who finds the loneliness crushing. I feel people sense how desperately I want a friend and take advantage. Many of my attempts have caused me pain and money. If anyone is in the Seminole area of St Pete and wants a friend please contact me.

13. Kathy 20. Apr, 2016 at 2:58 pm #

Hi Teri,

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I know exactly what you mean about going to the store and chatting with cashiers. I also like slow cashiers at my local CVS because a long checkout line forms and I get to chat with everyone else waiting. One good thing about Florida is that the culture lends itself to these social interactions, no matter how superficial. IF you try to talk to a “stranger” in a store in the Northeast of the country, they look at you like you’re crazy. But of course that’s not nearly enough. I also have some older friends that I’m finding are less willing to get out there and do things. Everytime I suggest doing something, she says “Oh I used to do that. I’m not interested anymore.” I find I do better with women who are younger than me. I also enjoy my Canadian friends who spend half the year in Florida. They tend to do inexpensive activities such as free classes at the library or free lectures at local colleges.

Depression is awful and obviously life-threatening. I’m so glad you are still here. Many people I know have found that they feel much better with some medication and are more outgoing. I hope you are getting the care you deserve through VA.

Meanwhile, if you meet someone at the VA, would you feel able to suggest getting a cup of coffee or lunch with that person? Would they be open to meeting for a walk on the beach or a visit to the pier of the amazing Dahli museum? You’ve probably already seen my go to my all-purpose loneliness antidote: get involved in something you care about. My thing is animal rescue, volunteer endangered species research, and birding/Audobon society. I’ve met some lovely people. But even if you don’t form lasting friendships, you have the satisfaction of doing something meaningful. Lastly, daily exercise is a powerful mood booster. You may meet someone while doing something active, but even if you don’t you’ll feel better. Is there anything you want to learn? In Clearwater/St. Pete area there should be lots of free or low cost courses through adult/commmiunity education or programs for seniors if you’re in that age group. Wnat to learn a language? How to garden? Art classes (we’re all artists even if we don’t realize it.) All places where other people go, and you can enjoy learning even if you don’t find a best friend. Meanwhile–if you live anywhere in or near Saint Petersburg, Florida–send in a comment. Teri would love to meet you

14. Micah 26. Apr, 2016 at 8:26 am #

Hi,

My best friend Nancy died this past Sunday. Today is my birthday. I moved back to a small rural town in NY after having lived in the Boston area for 28 years. Nancy moved with me having just retired wanting to help out. We lived, worked and played together for the last eight years. She was 15 years older and was interested in many different things than me, but we connected in a deep spiritual and emotional level. Now I’m here in the little town I grew up in caring for my mother having just my friends in Boston for support. I’m an introvert. I don’t do small talk. I understand how one could get very depressed and lonely. But, my friend Nancy always had hope so I’m trying to take each moment at a time.

15. Kathy 26. Apr, 2016 at 8:50 am #

Micah, I’m so sorry to hear about your loss. Thanks for sharing your feelings with us. Nancy sounds like a wonderful person, someone who will always inspire you. Please take care, Kathy

16. Elise 27. Apr, 2016 at 6:36 pm #

I have lived in South FL for over 30 years. I had many friends in high school and college, but I guess I let most of those friendships slip away over the years. My husband and I joined a country club and have made many “couple friends”, but while my husband has become close with the men, I find that I only really see the women when we all get together. I like them, but don’t feel like I can become “best friends” with anyone in particular. I really miss having 1 or 2 really close friends that I can call or just hang out with. I kind of feel like at 50, it’s just too late. I have made a very small effort to have “girls nights”, but nothing one on one. It just seems like everyone I know has so many girlfriends, I just wonder what’s wrong with me!!

17. Kathy 28. Apr, 2016 at 2:16 pm #

Ther

18. Marilyn 01. May, 2016 at 7:09 am #

Hi Julie,

I was quite struck by your post. Please know that there
    Is someone who gets it. I also know that medication
    Does not cure loneliness. I live in USA, but I
    Have had friends across my country and in England on-line.

We email, Skype and occasionally meet up, when
    possible.

I found that getting involved in a structured group
    activity helped me make some friends years ago
    When I moved from one city to another.

However, I am noticing now that many of my friends
    Are dealing with illness and are not as able to
    Socialize as often as previously. I am finding the
    Need to broaden my social circle– continue my deep and loving
    friendships– but also make new friends.

Feel free to post back to me.

😊🐇Marilyn

19. Tami 06. May, 2016 at 11:14 am #

I am 57 and in the same spot. No friends. It’s Derby time in Louisville. It should be a great week, but now it just depresses me. I have no one to go to any of the events with and no Derby parties to go to. I’ve gotten used to going places by myself, but I’d rather not have to do that all the time. Seems like most women my age have their own circle of friends. I’m just lonely and bored. At least i know now there are lots of others like me out there.

20. Kathy 06. May, 2016 at 1:54 pm #

Hi Tami–Thanks for sharing your experience. I know it’s not easy. I hope you can find some ideas for meeting new people, or at least finding meaningful activities that help you feel good about yourself. Take care! k

21. Samantha 11. May, 2016 at 3:13 am #

Hi Julie. Whereabouts in the South West of the U.K. are you? I am in Weybridge in Surrey newly arrived from South Africa. I would love to make some new friends.

22. beth 13. May, 2016 at 2:04 pm #

I understand the problem many women have when they become alone and/or a certain age. I am working on a group that I plan to start locally and if it takes off as I expect it will, I plan to offer other women an opportunity to start a Chapter in their own area. Seriously interested email me at doveangel49@aol.com….in subject line.. use the word..’KINDRED SPIRITS”.. Have a blessed day.. :)

23. Cody Enders 16. May, 2016 at 6:52 pm #

I am a 50 year old male who has moved from Colorado, to Los Angles (1972), to San Diego, to Arizona and now back to Colorado to be closer to my family (4 younger brothers, plus mother and father in there 80’s). It has been very hard to find someone. I’m leery of the, dating scene (I tried a singles website some years back, but found it lacking) and have not found that right someone. I noticed that most everyone on this website are woman, so I thought if you can find them, try to join them.

Cody in Colorado

24. Janice 24. May, 2016 at 6:16 am #

Hi
    I live in Virginia. My husband retired from the Navy here. I made friends every move, had things to do. Now feel lost. Friends moved on and I’m still here.
    Wish I was in Winter Park Florida with aging parents who need me but husband wants to stay here.
    Looking for my own friends after 50.

25. Jane 29. May, 2016 at 8:57 pm #

I am really glad to have discovered this website. I am 57 and estranged from my friends. Life transitions such as divorce, moving or job loss often impact on friendships. I was part of a group of friends who met up once a month to have a music jamming session. I had to miss sessions because of work and family issues and then when I returned to the group I was treated like an outsider. I was successful buying out the matrimonial home from my husband when we divorced. I have also been successful finding work contracts. I have had to work very hard and make sacrifices and sometimes the sacrifices you make (studying or preparing for an interview versus spending time with friends) can cost you dearly. Also success can cost friendships. I am still the same person I always have been but some people are competitive and judge you by what you have or don’t have and that is a shame

26. Keaton 12. Jun, 2016 at 12:21 am #

Hi there maybe you all can help me, my mom is 55 and she has no friends, when I say no friends I mean I am her only friend. She is such a funny woman and is amazing but she is just so lonely I am trying to find ways to help her get out there and make friends but I don’t know where to start in helping her. She so desperately wants girlfriends to hangout with get coffee, go to karaoke do anything really.

From concerned daughter :(

27. Deb 13. Jun, 2016 at 2:28 pm #

I’m 61 and divorced and am seeking new friends, too. It is so difficult. I tried doing things on my own when no one else wanted to do the same things, but it just isn’t the same has having people to share the activity or event with. I’ve become more withdrawn and find reaching out very difficult. I have some women acquaintances, but we’re not close and only get together once in awhile. I’ve tried finding a church, but that did not connect for me. I’m not a joiner particularly, but would if I could find some interesting activities close by where I live (WA state).

Feeling sad.

28. Elaine 17. Jun, 2016 at 6:17 pm #

Sorry for second post. Correcting email.

Elise,

I know your posted a little while ago, but I’m also in South Florida and a long time resident with a similar experience. I used to have a wide circle of friends, but over time that has narrowed to a sense of being disconnected.

Feel free to reach out if you would like to connect.

Sunnybee000@yahoo.com.

Elaine

29. Bobbi Jean 19. Jun, 2016 at 10:40 pm #

hey I’m responding to Linda(or anyone else who may be near) I’m in Levittown,Bucks County PA Im a 51year old mother of 5(2 or still teens living at home) and 7 grandkids,for a few different reasons I haven’t worked in quite a while,and have devoted most of my time and energy on my kids though the years,but now that my youngest ones are growing up Im starting to feel more and more alone! And although I talk to their friends moms,I can’t seem to make friends with any of them either cuz their all in their 30s or younger and I can tell,Im old to them! Anyway if ur anywhere near me and would like to talk Id love to myself

30. Martha C. 24. Jun, 2016 at 10:48 am #

I just moved to San Diego to live close to my only son, I just turned 55. It has been about 6 weeks since I moved here, and even though I have not made a friend as of yet, I am not really feeling lonely. I did feel a little out of sorts during the first couple of weeks, but I am adjusting to not knowing where things are (e.g. grocery markets, cleaners, shoe repair, hair stylist).

I have joined 14 groups at MeetUp, so far I have gone to a couple of outings…pleasant, and fun. I also signed up on a dating site, why not? I met for coffee with a really nice guy (no match) but since he knew I was new in town, he gave me a tour and we had a lunch together…we spent 3 hrs…talking and just enjoying the afternoon (he was newly divorced). I am having coffee with another man that moved here 4 years ago, now 62, and he is pretty settled here.

I also have signed up for volunteer work coming up in the next couple of months….and who knows maybe more opportunities will come from that to meet more people and also learn new things. And I am checking out my local Toastmaster’s clubs – they can also be a good source of meeting people, and I am signing up for local classes both at the community college (re: how to get rid of clutter) and at an art school (for a doodling class).

Not bad for 6 weeks in a new town….I trust that I will eventually find more personal intimate friendships, but for now, just your general basic human contact and connection feels so good!! My son is impressed…but not surprised :-)

Martha

31. Jacqueline Marcello 05. Jul, 2016 at 7:27 pm #

Jacqueline

Hi, I live in Boca Raton, FL and find that some people live here for a while then suddenly decide to move. My neighbors are all new except two. I find that hard to deal with. As far as making friends that has been very hard. I had a couple but they moved away. I joined meet up where there are different groups according to ones interest. I found it clicky. I get lonely and feel like something is wrong with me. I am lost and don’t know what else to do.

32. Debbie 09. Jul, 2016 at 1:56 pm #

Hello all,
    I just found this site right now. I am 56 years old, with no friends, no family, ( except for my daughter who lives out of state), and no car. I am going out of my mind with loneliness. I have joined many different meet-up groups, but most of them are too far to get to, so I haven’t been to any of them. I live in N.Y.-in the Bronx. Is anyone out there close by and interested in making friends?

33. Mimi 10. Jul, 2016 at 1:52 pm #

Hello all!! I’m 53 (gosh already??) I work full time and have one child left at home. Seems like I’m either working or cleaning house all the time. I lost my best friend last year due to a heart attack at age 37. She was my best friend but she had many many friends and we were only able to get together every once in awhile. I was able to talk to her almost everyday however. Since that time I have been extremely lonely and depressed. I would like to hear from someone just to chat to. I live in Idaho.

34. Jasan 11. Jul, 2016 at 8:59 pm #

Same story here.
    I’m 50 and just lonely. Lots of friends have moved away, faded away or I tossed them away. And now I’m alone. No kids and elderly parents. Future seems pretty bleak. I tried all MeetUps for hiking which I used to love to do but soon realized they were really filled with people looking to Hook Up, not be friends.
    Sad really. I used to be fun and funny and loved to make people laugh. Now I’m worn out.

35. Kathy 12. Jul, 2016 at 9:01 am #

My heart goes out to you. Another thing to try is some kind of volunteer work related to something you care about. For example, perhaps there is an actual hiking organization or environmental organization that schedules activities to maintain trails. Or an organization that hosts charity walking/hiking events. You could contribute to the community and also maybe meet others who care about some things that are important to you. If you can’t find a hiking group–don’t give up hiking. Go out solo. You never know who you’ll meet along the way. Good luck, and please don’t give up. Best-k

36. Nancy 14. Jul, 2016 at 5:25 pm #

This message is for Beth, from MI or anyone else close by. I’m 57, live in northern MI, Roscommon. Although I still have a couple high school friends I see once or twice a year, I spent most of my life raising my kids and working. My “friends” during my first marriage basically disappeared after the divorce. My work “friends” disappeared when I moved north. The people I worked with here weren’t as accepting of new people, I was considered a “transplant” and their friends were “homegrown”. So now I’m retired and find I have no friends here. My daughter is my best friend and she lives 3 hours away. If anyone would like to connect, my email is: nmglay@gmail.com

37. Cheryl 21. Jul, 2016 at 12:43 pm #

Hello,

I was reading all of the comments and I thought “wow”….there are others out there feeling the exact same way I do. I am 51 and over the last year I have started to notice how friends are starting to drift and how hard it is to meet other people.

38. Lisa 29. Jul, 2016 at 2:45 pm #

Hi all,
    I am so glad I found this blog. I was actually beginning to believe that something is wrong with me because I cannot seem to make any friends at this age where it should be the best time of my life +55. I was told by my son, that the reason is because when I go to meet-up’s or on outings, I take my 90 year old mother with me. I do not take her physically with me but I take the responsibility of being her caregiver with me. So I am not as bubbly as I used to be and if the subject comes up, I must sound depressed when I speak about her. Since my son has pointed this out to me, I feel like I am not able to make friends until the situation with my mom changes. In the meantime, I do feel sad, lonely and a little depressed but I am hopeful that we will all find the connections we are looking for when the time is right.

39. Kathy 29. Jul, 2016 at 7:56 pm #

Hi Lisa–you are definitely not alone! Your mother is lucky to have you and I know it’s not easy to be a caregiver. It’s exhausting and emotionally draining, and it’s not a simple thing to switch off those cares and put on a happy face. That said, I hope you will give yourself permission to have fun, and keep making some time for activities that appeal to you. Also hope you will commit to taking care of yourself, such as good nutrition, some regular physical activity, enough sleep–and some hugs from your perceptive son. Take care-k

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Why Men Fail at Friendship | Psychologist and coach, Corporate consultant, Writer and editor, Mind-body practitioner | Dr. Kathy Jordan - 21. Jul, 2014

[…] have been a lot of responses to my old post “Five Foolproof Steps to Making Friends After 50.”  Only one man has ever commented about the challenges of male friendships, though a few women have […]